The Near North Fund

EVERY FAMILY. EVERY YEAR. EVERY CHILD GROWS.

Watch our 'Thank You' video from 2021. Thank you for supporting our community!

Better Together.

That’s what we mean when we talk about values like diversity and inclusion, empathy and compassion, cultural competency and respect, or responsibility and community. To be a Near North family is to stand in solidarity with the parents, children, faculty, and staff — and to give of yourself, in order to make room for others at the table.

What is the Near North Fund?

Kicking off each fall, the Near North Fund raises unrestricted gifts to support the annual operating budget, which includes instructional materials, program support, equipment and technology, professional development, and facility maintenance. As is the "norm" for most independent schools, tuition does not cover the full cost of educating each student. Tuition covers approximately 90 percent of the school's operating expenses. The other 10 percent, which is commonly referred to as "the gap," is made up through tax-deductible charitable giving.

It takes a combination of tuition and voluntary contributions to achieve our mission of educating students to reach their inherent potential. Charitable gifts are necessary to help sustain and expand the mission.

Families can choose to designate their gift to their particular interest, or where the need is greatest.

Please join with the rest of the Near North community in making a contribution towards the 2021-22 Near North Fund. This year’s goal is $345,000, and we encourage all Near North families to participate. Every single gift, regardless of size, plays an important part in this community.

THE NEAR NORTH FUND

EVERY FAMILY. EVERY YEAR. EVERY CHILD GROWS.

Frequently Asked Questions

2021-22 Parent Participation

Updated as of 8/13/2021

The Near North Fund Committee

Chair: Matt Zweifel
Mary Beyer, Jordan Bond, Kent Carey, Gary Cloudman, Michael D'Aquila, Lauren Fischer, Ariel Litvin, Jason Maras, Erik Nordby

For More Information

Sarah Cutrara
Advancement Director
(773) 269-6211 | scutrara@nnms.org


The 2021-22 Near North Fund coincides with the school’s fiscal year that runs from August 1, 2021, to July 31, 2022. All pledge gifts are due in full by July 31, 2022.

If you have any questions, contact the Advancement Office at 773.269.6239 or giving@nnms.org.
Near North Montessori’s tax ID# is: 36-2535895