Apply for Financial Aid
Financial Aid Application Process
Applications for Financial Aid may be submitted from February 1-March 15 each year. The Financial Aid process need not be overly complicated. Here's what you can expect:
Between February 1 and March 15, complete and submit the following:
- FAST online application
- Federal and State Income Tax Returns (W-2’s and related schedules)
- Form 4506
- Non-refundable application fee
March 15: The Financial Aid Review Group begins reviewing applications. Applicants may be contacted by the Finance Director or the Head of School (on behalf of the Financial Aid Review Group) to answer additional questions or to clarify information on the application.
April 30: Applicants notified of the Financial Aid Review Group’s determination of financial aid.
- In cases of divorce, separation or separate households, both parents must submit all required forms. The family’s ability to contribute is based on finances of both parents.
- Tax returns and Form 4506 should be submitted to the attention of FAST in the envelopes provided outside the main office. Be sure to indicate that your application is for Near North Montessori School.
- Submit your tax returns after you have completed the online application. (Tax returns received by FAST will be destroyed if there is not an associated online application.) Be sure the name on your tax return matches the name on your online application.
- Please note that anything submitted directly to FAST will not be returned to you, so please do not send originals or your only copy of your tax return.
- If the application, tax return and Form 4506 from both parents are not received by FAST by March 15, the application may be rejected and/or financial aid funds may not be available.
- Information received from you or FAST to the Financial Aid Review Group is kept confidential and cannot be released to any other person without your written authorization. No other person or committee has access to this confidential information.
Questions regarding the financial aid process should be directed to the school’s Finance Director.