Near North Montessori promotes an environment of respect based on equity and inclusion both in the classroom and the community. In addition to maintaining a strong Commitment to Diversity, participating in the Chicago Pride Parade is one more way in which NNM helps students to become allies for each other, while developing awareness of social and global justice issues.
You can join other NNM parents as well as students, faculty and staff as they march in this year’s Pride Parade (Sunday, June 24, 2018).
Day of Information (As of May 7, 2018):
The 2018 march information is not finalized. But it’s usually as follows:
Northwestern corner of Montrose & Broadway between 10am-11:45am Our group is 6th in the parade line-up. Parade begins at noon.
All ages are welcome and encouraged to join us! Friends who don’t go to NNMS can join, too. The more the merrier!!!
A school bus will accompany our group throughout the parade and you may board as needed to rest.
Transportation to and from the Parade:
Bus #1 leaves NNM at 9am sharp. Bus #2 leaves at 10am sharp. Please arrive at NNM at least 15 minutes before your bus leaves to load supplies, wagons, candy, etc.
- You will be assigned to one of the two buses by email.
- Bus #1 will drive to our parade starting point on Montrose and Broadway.
- Bus #2 will drop riders off at Montrose & Halsted – a short walk to location of Bus #1.
- Once there, we decorate the bus, facepaint, etc.
- Parade kicks off at 12 noon
- NNM is 6th in the parade lineup this year
- March lasts approximately 1.5 hours
- Both buses return to NNM from the end of the Parade (Diversey and Cannon Drive)
- Arrive at NNM by around 2 pm
- Scooters, wagons or strollers
- If you ride a bike, you must walk it during the parade
- Personal refillable water bottles
- Candy to pass out to crowd
- Friends, family, allies…
- and Lots o’ Love!!