Please join us on Thursday, October 22, at 5:30 in the Little Theater to learn more about NNM’s relationships with the Montessori Model United Nations (MMUN) and Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos (NPH).
We will give you a lot more information on the 22nd, but here are a few things to know in advance:
- NNM has established collaborative and reciprocal relationships with MMUN and NPH as part of our global citizenship curriculum and Spanish language program.
- We’ve worked to provide three trip options this year: MMUN Italy, NPH Honduras and NPH Guatemala.
- 8th grade students will receive priority in trip assignments.
- We’ve got enough total spots to guarantee a spot on one of the three trips for any 8th grader who is able to make the commitment.
- In addition, we’ve got enough spots to accommodate at least 13-18 7th graders.
- To accommodate as many people as possible, students will only be able to participate in one of the three trips.
- There is an additional fee to participate in these trips. We recognize that’s an important factor and we will get that information to you as soon as we receive it.
- All Junior High parents and all Junior High students are invited to attend the meeting on 10/22.
We’re sure you’ve got many questions, including the costs and how the students get assigned to a trip. We will cover those questions and much more on 10/22. In the meantime, check out these two excellent videos:
One is from last year’s MMUN conference and features a familiar face.
The other is from NPH and features Stefan, the Director of NPH Honduras and the LEGAL GUARDIAN TO ALL 600 CHILDREN!!!!!!! His words are powerful and explain so much about the mission of NPH.
Hope to see you there,
Chris Ambroso, Junior High Director
Jamee Warrenfeltz, Sandwich Shop Coordinator